Galena Vacations Rental Policies
- Arrival and Departure. Check in time is 4:00pm and check out time is 11:00am. Early check in times may be available for your stay. We cannot give you an early check in time until two days before your date of arrival. Late check out times may be available for your stay. We cannot give you a late check out time until the day before your date of departure. Unless you have a late check out time, we will be at your home to begin cleaning it at Noon.
- Minimum Age. You must be at least 21 years old to rent almost all of our homes, and you must be at least 25 years old to rent most of our larger homes. Our property owners require us to ask you general questions about your party and the purpose of your stay before renting you a home. There may be times when we cannot rent you a home based on the information you give us. If we cannot to rent you a home, we will tell you why. The sole reason for this screening process is the protection of our rental homes from overuse or damage. We do not rent to prom, homecoming, or other high school groups and most college groups, regardless of whether there is a chaperone. Regardless of the foregoing, we reserve the right to rent a home to someone who is younger than the ages listed.
- Minimum Stay. All rental rates are based on a two night minimum stay and do not include 11% hotel tax. The minimum stay may be increased to three nights during certain holidays. Our rental rates may change at any time without notice. The rate you will be charged is determined at the time your reservation is confirmed. No refunds or adjustments will be made for rate changes that take place after your reservation is confirmed.
- Reservations. We do not “hold” homes without a completed reservation. Your reservation is not complete until we send you a Confirmation. We will send your Confirmation by email to the address you give us when you make your reservation. To confirm your reservation, we require that you pay a deposit equal to one night’s lodging plus hotel tax. You may pay your deposit by Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Paypal or personal check. We reserve the right to require a credit card for any rental.
- Paying For Your Stay. You may also pay the balance due for your rental by any of the methods listed above. The balance due for your rental must be paid prior to your arrival. If you are paying by credit card, we will charge the balance due to your card one day prior to your arrival. If you are paying by Paypal or personal check, you must submit payment at least one day prior to your arrival.
- Cancellation. After your reservation is confirmed, we are holding your rental home for you and turning away all other interested parties. This makes it extremely unlikely that we will be able to rent the home to someone else if you cancel your reservation. For this reason, you may cancel your reservation at any time up to 30 days before your date of arrival and we will refund your deposit less a $50.00 cancellation fee. If you do not cancel your reservation within the applicable time, your deposit will be forfeited to us as liquidated damages and you will not receive a refund. In the alternative, we can hold your deposit and you may rebook your stay at your convenience and we will apply your deposit to that stay. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to refund a deposit if we determine, in our sole discretion, that a forfeiture of your deposit would not be fair because of events beyond your control.
- Pets. Some of our homes are pet friendly. Please ask about the pet policy for the home you are booking. Our property owners require us to ask you specific questions about your pet. There may be times when we cannot allow your pet in a home based on the information you give us. If we cannot allow your pet in a home, we will tell you why. The sole reason for this screening process is the protection of our rental homes from damage. There is a one-time nonrefundable pet fee in the amount of $30.00. You must bring a crate or cage for your pet to be used if the pet is left in the home alone and when everyone in the home is asleep. If you don’t have a crate or cage, we can provide one to you for an additional $10.00 fee.
- Property Damage and Theft. You are responsible for any and all damage to and breakage in the home during your stay. If you damage the home you are staying in, or if you break something in the home, please tell us, because doing so makes it easier to resolve the problem. After your stay, we will inspect the home using pictures of each area of the home that were taken before your stay. Any suspected theft of items from the home, no matter how large or small, will be reported to our local law enforcement agency.
- Accuracy of Information. We make every effort to give you accurate and current information about our homes, rates, policies, amenities and other information on our website, in our printed materials, in our emails, and during telephone calls. If it comes to our attention that you have been given incorrect information, we will tell you immediately. We are not responsible for printing errors, inconsequential errors or changes made to a home by its owner after your reservation is confirmed.
- Rules and FAQs. You should familiarize yourself with the FAQs on our website and all printed material in our rental homes, as they contain rules and regulations about your stay. Your use of the home constitutes your agreement to be bound by these rules and regulations. If you have any questions at any time, just let us know.
- Information Subject to Change. Our rates, policies, rules, regulations and any and all other representations made on our website or in our printed materials are subject to change without notice.